BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Don't hate it...Love it!


Hey, all..I will be talking about my experience on taking the SAT 1 and Critical Reading(CR) in the lab. Honestly, I detest CR. I do not like reading..it is not my thing. I did not manage to attain a good score for my CR in my first attempt(in fact, it was the lowest among the three sections in my SAT 1). However, one of the ways to improve on CR is to learn to LOVE it! So, I am trying my best to not hate it. I think you should too if you are going through this as well. XD


I think the vocabulary questions are not too bad if we really go through the words which are usually found in SAT reference books. For me, the passage based questions are the intricated ones. I noticed that my interpretation on the passages are wrong at times. I think this had happened to me because I do not read a lot. Most of those who excel in CR are those who loves reading(of course) and those who are expose to American styles of writing.


During my first attempt, I seriously struggled. I was forcing myself to memorize the vocabularies and the quotes for essays. Truthfully, I have expected myself to obtain a mediocre score as I did not see much improvement from the practices that I have done. I could not even finish a section of CR in 25 minutes...hahaha. Instead, I took more time in seeking the meanings of the words in the lexicon and understanding the passage itself.


When we were told to do CR in the lab/itms, I was shocked because I would not only face the trouble of straining my eyes reading the convoluted passages on the computer screen but also to apprehend them! Gosh! I had a difficult time..Being a slow reader, I really need a quiet environment and more importantly, TIME! Amazingly, I had manage to finish them and I am glad that I improve a little compared to my CR in my first attempt.


I will surely try my best to achieve a full score for CR(trying to be optimistic..=D). Therefore, you should aim for it too!


All the best ya!


4 comments:

d peacemaker said...

i really hope people will truly understand that if we hate SAT, it'll just hate us back. so people, look at SAT in a positive way. be optimistic. we all can do this. chill. take your time. work hard. work smart.

Pauline said...

now, it is of no doubt that you are the peacemaker...XD

chan leong said...

the graph is going higher n higher... its a good sign....

Iswari said...

yeah, it is certainly getting better...